We are about ready to ship the second release of RSS Bandit this year. This release will be codenamed ShadowCat. This version will primarily be about bug fixes with one or two minor convenience features thrown in. If you are an RSS Bandit user who's had problems with crashes or other instability in the application, please grab the installer at RssBandit.184.108.40.206.ShadowCat.Beta.zip and let us know if this improves your user experience.
- Newspaper view can be configured to show unread items in a feed as multiple pages instead of a single page of items
Major Bug Fixes
- Search indexing thread takes 100% of CPU and freezes the computer.
- Crashes related to Lucene search indexing (e.g. IO exceptions, access violations, file in use errors, etc)
- Crash when a feed has an IRI (i.e. URL with unicode characters such as http://www.bücher-forum.de/forum/rdf.php) instead of issuing an error message since they are not supported.
- Context menus no longer work on category nodes after OPML import or remote sync
- Crash on deleting a feed which still has enclosures being downloaded
- Podcasts downloaded from the http://poweruser.tv/ feed are named "..mp3" instead of the actual file name.
- Items marked as read in a search folder not marked as read in original feed
- No news shown when subscribed to newsgroups.borland.com
- Can't subscribe to feeds on your local hard drive (regression since it worked in previous versions)
After the final release of ShadowCat, the following release of RSS Bandit (codenamed Phoenix) will contain our next major user interface revamp and will likely be the version where we move to version 2.0 of the .NET Framework.You can find some of our early screen shots on Flickr.