April 12, 2005
@ 04:44 PM

This is primarily a bug fix release that fixes a couple of issues that weren't caught in beta testing for the previous release.

Download the installer from here. Differences between v1.3.0.26 and v1.3.0.29 below.

----

FEATURE: The 'Take over proxy settings from Internet Explorer' feature now supports proxy configuration scripts.

FEATURE: Traditional Chinese translation added.

FIXED: Application would crash on startup with the following error message; "ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Length cannot be less than zero"  

FIXED: Dates in the RFC 822 format not containing the seconds caused problems

FIXED: Search scope settings in search folders are lost after restart of the application

FIXED: A web search engine cannot be removed from the list of defined search engines

FIXED: Column layouts not synchronized during remote storage

FIXED: RSS 2.0 feeds with extension elements before the <rss> element could not be read

FIXED: HTTP Digest authentication was not supported for feeds

FIXED: Enable Alert Windows for New Items setting resets on remote feedlist download or on restart

FIXED: Feed Desktop Alerts now display the newest item(s) first

FIXED: Feeds with invalid value in the HTTP "Last-Modified" header could not be read.

FIXED: Application would crash with the following error message; "NullReferenceException caused in WinGuiMain.SaveUIConfiguration() at ThreadedListView.FeedColumnLayoutFromCurrentSettings()"


 

Tuesday, April 12, 2005 9:19:45 PM (GMT Daylight Time, UTC+01:00)
I installed the new version and it reset my proxy settings. Now it won't remember any new settings. Any ideas?
Wednesday, April 13, 2005 2:35:11 PM (GMT Daylight Time, UTC+01:00)
What version did you upgrade from? Also are you entering the proxy settings manually or telling it to inherit them from Internet Explorer?

If you are telling it to inherit from Internet Explorer then there was a bug in the first installer we put up. You should uninstall and download the installer again or enter your proxy setting manually.
Wednesday, April 13, 2005 4:04:16 PM (GMT Daylight Time, UTC+01:00)
Thanks for the feedback. I'll download the new installer and give it a try. The issue is that the dialog simply doesn't remember the settings. Whether I pick inherit, or type it in, after I hit OK and go back to the preferences, it's reset again to not use a proxy.
Wednesday, April 13, 2005 4:29:07 PM (GMT Daylight Time, UTC+01:00)
The re-install with new new installer seems to have done it. thanks. RSSBandit is great, btw. thanks for that as well.
Wednesday, April 13, 2005 10:39:45 PM (GMT Daylight Time, UTC+01:00)
Now I am a little confused. I downloaded the installer by following the link available at www.rssbandit.org _today_. The inherit IE settings option doesn't seem to work properly. I connect to my company's network via the VPN and hence I enter an URL for automatic proxy configuration script in my IE connection settings. Inherting this in RSSBandit throws an exception when the feeds try to make HTTP connection. If I manually enter the proxy server (I can do this too but the company advises against it) and port everything is fine. It is the inherting thing that doesn't seem to work as advertised.

Dilip
Wednesday, April 13, 2005 10:41:26 PM (GMT Daylight Time, UTC+01:00)
I'd like to add that I downloaded the installer at precisely the time that is displayed on my earlier post.
Dilip
Comments are closed.